Guess who finally got going and actually did something for a change????? That's right, I tackled the window take-out project this week end. It's been so long since I posted on here that I had to look up my sign-on and password..... sheesh!!
Hey, Paul, thanks for including those outrigger brackets. I could not set the scaffold very close to the house because of the dining room south window bump out. You can see part of the roof on that in the lower left. The outriggers allowed me to put one of the aluminum planks between the scaffold and the house, getting me really close to the window work.
Window nearly out. Note the sash weight cord inside the frame, lower right.
New framing material in place so to have something for nailing the sheathing. Note the ever-present can of Raid wasp and hornet killer. I didn't get stung but a couple close calls.
The hole in the wall is closed. At this point it is really dark in that closet.....!
Oh, yeah, the view from on top. It's always fun to look at familiar things from high up places.
Tyvek in place. I had a bit left from the garage project. I'm glad I found that cause there was not a scrap of tarpaper anywhere on the property.
My outdoor workshop, shady under the Silver Maple and close to the garage outlets.
Just another view of things from another angle. Here you get a good idea of why the scaffold needed to be set out from the wall by the dining room windows.
The last little details are taken care of, you would hardly know there once was a window there (in this view anyway).
I gotta go, Carlo....