Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

September 25, 2007

Post-birthday euphoria......


O.K., one day past my birthday and I got another present!! More about that later....
meanwhile, remember this sign? I've been driving past this sign for YEARS, and every fall they remind the public that the bear hunters can bring their animals there for processing. Innocent enough, but I've always wanted to rearrange the letters of the last word..... BEAR could change easily to something else..... (don't forget to double click photos)







So today I gave myself a birthday present.... I stopped in at Roscoe's and did a little work on his sign. Roscoe, if you find out who did this dastardly deed, please show some mercy on this long time aqaintance......



And, yes, I did both sides. What can I say, I'm an idiot!











To make the ride home a complete success, this guy came up the on ramp at 13 and 8 with this sticker on his back window..... YES!!!!





_____________Hey, fly that aeroplane, would ya???_____________

8 comments:

yram said...

Carlo: glad to see you still have a sense of adventure and a somewhat skewed sense of humor after so many years! heehee
Your birthday present for last year is moving along and i think it should be done sometime in December. So....I am going to imagine your birthday around December 9th but a year late. So...this December 9 it will be your birthday from last year. okay? does that make sense.
And...please remember when you go to work tomorrow that you are not JUST making money for the owners of your business, you are enjoying and reveling in the brilliance of your co-workers. So...do a good job with a smile of your face and greet your brilliant co's with a cheerful good morning because, it may make them work harder for the boss.

Anonymous said...

HI Carlo, I can bearly grasp the bear essence of the bare hunting thing... ;-)

Carlo said...

Talk about a skewed sense of humor, look at the time of day on the post by box boy..... whew.... getting up that early is more than I can bare, bearly...

Anonymous said...

I spent my life bearing children in the northwoods and that was a bore - just kidding. I'm sure Roscoe got a kick out of your little trick.

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Alright Lucy!!! But I think you spelt boar rong... :-)

Anonymous said...

Sign altered on Tuesday after work, fixed sometime during the day on Wednesday..... didn't last long, but at least I have the pictures.....

Carlo

Rosie said...

Eugene Charles Carlson!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I see that the my lovely Toyota is going to good use!!! :)

Nyrb