Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

September 27, 2007

Second installment, chimbly


O.K., so I couldn't wait for tomorrow, I finished this tonight! (see 1st installment in previous post. Double click those pix!) As soon as Ivan got here, we mixed mortar, got the old flashing off the roof and started in on the rebuild.



Ivan said, "Hey, take a picture of my butt...." Oddly enough, I listened. Ivan has a good handle on how to do this chimney stuff, as he used to do mason work for a living. I pretty much just did what he told me.




Like carry the mortar up, carry the chimney block up, carry the precast cap up, carry the flue up, go for nails, go for tar, etc., etc...... It was a steep climb up those ladders with a load on the shoulder.



Actually, Ivan would have carried it all up there himself if I hadn't insisted that I do it. Everyone should have as good a friend as him. I feel lucky.... Here the chimney is done, tarring the flashing.



I just climbed around on the ridge and took pictures and told Ivan how he should be doing things.... maybe that's why he is laughing?



Hey, it's done!! Down we go for the last time to sit on the deck and have a couple or four bevvies.



I spent the rest of the day checking deer stands in the woods and cleaning up the rest of the tools and scrap. It's all done......






_____________Hey, fly that aeroplane, would ya???_____________

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dar Hey!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Carlo!!! It was a blast doing the chimney with you! And I do feel lucky too!!!
Thanks Dude!!

s.d.

yram said...

nice butt

Anonymous said...

very nice!!! and CUTE too!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great job everyone!!!!! I worried about that chimney for a long time.

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya got some snow on the roof along with the new chimney!!!

Anonymous said...

anutter won dat!!!! soon please.
Thank YOU!!! ;-)
s.d.