Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

March 29, 2008

Muzak

Greetings. The image below is a preview of a pane at the bottom of this blog window. It's the gizmo contolling the music you're hearing now.... assuming you have your speakers turned on. If you don't, turn them on now!!!




I am attempting to compile a collection of the world's "Absolute Best Music". If you have a great tune you like to hear, let me know and I'll add it to the player. That way you can listen to your fave while reading this blog and WRITING YOUR COMMENTS. If you don't like this music gig, your solution to this problem is just to turn your speakers off while reading this blog and WRITING YOUR COMMENTS.

The piece that starts this list, Edward Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance Military Marches, March in D Major, Op. 39, No. 1, is at the top of this list for a reason. Listen to this piece in it's entirety at least this one time. It is simply the greatest piece of music ever written. Period. Well, that's my opinion..... It's been my favorite for many years. Whenever I hear it I inevitably recall those Saturday mornings when I was a little kid and mom would have her classical music albums playing as she went about her work. I seem to recall something called "Collection of Light Classical Piano", or something. It was great. I wonder what happened to all those sets of LP's in those fiber board boxes... pictures of orchestras, Beethovens scowl, a grand piano.....

Let me know if you have any ideas about this music player. You can click on any song in the playlist to listen.. If it's too annoying, I'll just 86 it from the blog...

I gotta go, Carlo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Love the number one song as well. Keep the music.

Carlo said...

Thanks for the input,..... uh, who did you say you were? Do you have a selection you would like to hear?

I gotta go, Carlo

Anonymous said...

I thought I wrote a comment here earlier but don't see it. After getting a CD player I took the old record player and albums to that St. Vinnies in Medford and left it all there. The record player needed some repair on the dials I don't know if they ever sold them or not. when Larry was in the Air Force he belonged to Reader's Digest record club and then gave me those albums. One of the best gifts I ever got. Maybe you could put Beethoven's "Leonore Overture" on here. Lucy

yram said...

I, too, remember those Saturday morning. It made dusting more fun and certainly gave us a musical foundation. One of the many wonderful things of my youth for which i am grateful! Thanks Mommy!
I always loved Smetana's The Moldau. A lovely piece about the confluence of two rivers...not sure which ones. It starts out quietly and reaches a wonderful fullness at the confluence. That was a Saturday tune too. Love the music.

yram said...

From where did the phrase 86 it come from?

Carlo said...

86? I don't know, but it's been aroung a LONG time....

Unfortunatly, the Leonore Overture does not exist in the database that this player utilizes. I tried to find it in a form that would upload, but to no avail. Sorry.....

Anonymous said...

Had fun feeding George. Lucy