Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

March 27, 2008

Official cabin fever....

Today it hit! I need this snow to melt, the roads to dry out, etc., before I go completely mad....
Swede and I left work at 3:30 today and headed for Midway, a pub "midway" between Phillips and Prentice. Ivan showed up a little later and we managed to solve most of the world's problems...

Just to show how blank my mind can get, I've added my new pet to the bottom of this page. You can feed him if you like....


Due to a general lack of activity on my part, I'm having to dig up file photos of past times. This is my turkey cooking device, a stainless 'can' that sits atop a turkey that is impaled on a rod that's stuck into the ground. A ring of charcoal is burned around the base of the can, thereby creating high temperatures in the can, cooking the turkey.



I just took the bird out and got it into a big pan to transport to the kitchen counter, then to the table, then to my plate.... well, you get the idea...



Anyone care for some global warming? Maybe a few toxic fumes? You might as well take advantage of it all, your taxes are paying for it....



You really need to expand this picture. I think they should give us all kites instead of shuttles. Much cheaper, more personal involvement, fewer clouds of fumes, aaaand like dat.....




I gotta go, Carlo
.
.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Carlo!!! I was so impressed while reading it I slammed my finger in the drawer and smashed my finger so bad it only had one side!!! :-) LOVE YA DUDE!!!
y.s.d.f.

yram said...

IS THE monkey new? I like it...may have to put one on my blog.
aren't you doing syrup? seems like a good spring or are the days too cold. can't wait for this miserable winter to end. have seen a couple ships go by recently. that is exciting.

Carlo said...

Ivan, how did you view the blog? It seems to be blocked at work.... did you get your home PC working?

Yeah, that dumb monkey is sort of on the order of the tetka time-wasters. You can click on that monkey and fling him against the wall if you want.....

No syruping this year. Haven't heard much news of boiling up here, I don't think it's been warm enough to get things going.

I gotta go, Carlo

Anonymous said...

When Herb and I were young we used to go to dances up at Midway. Had lots of fun there.

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Frum wurk doode!!! :-)
goegh figyur ey...!
s.d.