Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

March 24, 2008

There's flying, and then there's flyin'..


Early morning out the back door. As you can see, we still have PLENTY of snow. We may not have gotten as much over the season as some of you, but it does not tend to melt between storms up here. Forecast looks like no 40° weather until next week....



Here's a pic I got from Lucy, along with an explanation of it. Called a fire rainbow, caused by high cirrus clouds, ice crystals and the sun hitting it a precisely 58°.... ? Well, you can get the complete story here.



Last Thursday I decided to go into the sky. Peg was in Phillips and took a few pictures as I was getting going.






It's easy to find the taxiways and runways because everything else is covered with SNOW!







Did I mention we still have some snow around? Onlyhow, off I go, into the wild, blue yonder....







Yram saw this Pileated woodpecker on their suet feeder the other day. What an awesome sight they are! Big and noisy.



Bryn was in the area on Saturday, so she decided to finally get off the ground. We headed up to Phillips mid-afternoon to take a tour of the area. She had her arms spread out in imitation of the airplane, I just didn't get a good angle for the photo.



O.K., the clowning is done, time for the official proof photo. We didn't spend a lot of time up there, but we did get down to Ottertail Country to get an ariel view of the place. Then back to Phillips and earth....



She certainly is a cheerful, as evidenced by these photos. We've had pictures of birds, planes, now it's time for a picture that's neither bird nor plane......







>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

6 comments:

yram said...

i hate you, i always have and i always will....

Carlo said...

Sorry, it's Jen's fault. I shouldn't have put it on, I guess.... It does look nice, though!

Anonymous said...

enjoyed all the photos again. So glad Bryn could take a flight with you. And Mary, of course, thinking she could fly!!!!!

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Hi Gene and Peggy,

My journey with Marquip and BWIR is coming to close for an end. I am certainly missing you all. My last day at Marquip and BWIR will be on 4th April. But still I keeeeeeeeep looking all your blogs. I tried calling you a couple of times.

Thanks for "Phillips" great days.
Karthik M.L

Carlo said...

Hey, Karthik, please send me an email at work to let me know what your email will be after you're gone from Marquip. I wish you were staying and coming to Phillips, I have a really big solid works project you could work on!!! Good luck in the future and stay in touch....
I thought you were going to start your own blog????

Gene

Anonymous said...

Karthik, it was sure nice to talk to you the other day. I too, was saddened when I heard that you were to be leaving BWIR/Marquip, but understand that you must do this. I am glad that you continue to check this blog, please feel free to comment anytime you like, and keep us posted of news from you and your family.. we would love to see wedding pictures when that great day happens.
I hope all goes well for you.. I will try to remember to send you our home emails, once I go back to work..
If you do start a blog, please let us know.
take care, till we hear from you again.
ps