Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

September 2, 2008

Free time!!!

.
.
.
Blow these up for better viewing(by double clicking them)..
.
.

With the arrival of Labor Day weekend, I found that I had a "little bit" of extra time! The boiler had not arrived yet, so I went to Phillips Saturday morning to see what was up at the Ultralight and Powered Parachute Fly in. After take-off, I noticed the fog still hovering over Deer Lake.




I flew back over the airport and saw something next to runway 06/24. Chuters?




I zoomed a little and there were three of them laying out their chutes in preparation for lift off. When they land, they then need to get the chute all straightened out, folded just right and stored in a big nylon bag. I know I would not have the patience required to operate one of those.




Phillips from the north.




As poor as this photo is, I had to include it. It's the swirling algae on Long Lake, just west of Phillips.......




I headed east and found some interesting places. This one had a "C" shaped border of dense pines around the house.




Here's a odd shaped field of corn that looks about ready to pick.




And a field of ?oats?? in various stages of ripeness.




I made it down to Prentice in time to join the nine powered chutes in a prolonged fly over of the Prentice Progress Days parade. We went quite low through town several times, going from north to south. Fun.




I went back to Phillips in the evening and had a short fly, experienced a wonderful sunset reflecting off a small lake.




Sun under the wing....
.
.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures, Gene. Wonderful picture of the sun under the wings on your plane. Thanks!!!

yram said...

Excellent! The swirling algae is great as is the fog on the lake. More.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of Phillips are pretty cool. Still trying to figure out the one with the pennisula...and who lives with the "c" shaped hedge!

Kristi

Anonymous said...

okay, finally figured out the pennisula (helps if I click on the picture :-) Cty Hwy H coming in by city beach, overlooking Lionite!

Yeah! Kristi

Carlo said...

The "c" shape place is about 1/2 mile north of D on Wooster(new spelling) Road, then turn east on a little road and it's in there about 1/4 mile??? Some one told me who's place it was, but I forget. Maybe one of the Janacek boys?

Yeah, that's the place, Kristi. By the way, do you still want to collect that plane ride????