Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

September 12, 2008

September in Wisconsin

.
.
.

I drove into the Marquip parking lot early this week and saw this truck.....




A closer look showed that this truck had really smacked something. As I drove past the side of the truck, I could see the antlers....




Hmmm.... bow season has not started yet, must be road kill. It's a nice sized buck, a 9 point with some remnants of velvet around antler bases, the rest recently revealed, still blood red. I had never had a good look at an antler at this stage of development.




Quite a sight. By the way, the truck is considered a total loss.......





A few weeks ago I was at the Palace to see what the guys had done. The outside was nearly complete at that point, and now it's all done on the outside. The inspections are nearly complete and they can start insulating and finishing the inside. Here is a Wintergreen young 'un, hanging around the Taj Ma Shack.




I don't have any current pictures of the outside of the shack, but here is a view out one of the upper story windows. A nice view.

I gotta go, Carlo
.
.
.

No comments: