Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

December 14, 2008

Days 3, 4, 5, Carlo's 2008 vacation.....

.


Ah, 'tis the season.... this is from a few years ago, a festive lodge indeed!

I hate to complain, but this is not working out the way I had planned. I mentioned the scratchy throat, well Friday I went to the bowling alley in Prentice (D's Burger &Bowl) to meet a few friends and plan an ice fishing trip for Saturday. Maybe I spent a wee bit too much time 'planning', but Saturday and Sunday were spent under a blanket in the recliner, with only trips out to fire the stove.... Doh!!! Cold go away!!!



This cold weather has provided plenty of opportunity for the above sight. I don't mind winter that much, but it has been consistently colder than I would like it in December. I need to get going on my planned vacation projects, including cutting firewood for the lodge.



This morning the turkeys visited and spent an hour huddled under the flowering crab tree. They fluff up the feathers on their backs, pull their heads close to the body, sit or stand on one leg and don't move. After a while it's like they awake from a long sleep and one by one they begin stirring and end up marching single file into the woods.

Til next time..... I gotta go, Carlo


________________________________________________

I like this one. You get an idea of his distance by checking the blocks in the sidewalk and remember that he is actually on the sidewalk near those far-away cracks..... I wonder if he planned it for a certain time of day, or was it cloudy and he just chalked in a shadow for the woman in the photo?




.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better - keep downing the chicken soup to make sure you can make the most of your time off!! Or maybe you should make that turkey soup :-)

Kristi

Anonymous said...

The xmas tree from another year looks so cheery and the smoke from the chimney feels so cozy and warm. Hope you cold leaves soon and take care.

Mom