Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

June 6, 2007

It's Wednesday already!!


Monday evening Ivan and I finished the tarpaper and roof edging. Chuck showed up and we had a couple and BS'ed for a while. We decided to start shingles on Tuesday evening. Ivan and Chuck got here around 3:00 and we got about 2/3 of the West side of the roof done. Enough for one night.



There are warnings out for tonight through tomorrow night for intense storms. Figures. Peg and I got most of the wall plywood on tonight, don't know if the added structural effect of the plywood will overcome the wind-catching aspect of it. Before the roof was just one big kite, now it's a big box kite..... Good grief, anyway.

Going to Marinette this weekend for the house warming (a.k.a. big party)at Yram's. Should be a nice change from constantly working around here.... I'm not complaining, mind you.

I gotta go, Carlo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The garage is looking good Carlo! I'm hoping the weather won't be as bad as the warning's they're giving out...I used to fly box kites when I was a little bit younger and although it was fun they weren't all that much to look at, and they made the string a bit tough to hold on to. have a GREAT day and a GREAT weekend dude!!!
s.d.

yram said...

hey...looks like a real thing. wow...soon the snow will be flying and your vehicles will be snug inside!
looking forward to seeing youse guyz and weather sounds good.

Anonymous said...

The building is looking better each day. Will be a good snug place for the vehicles.

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is very impressive!! It looks really great guys. :-) I wish I wasn't working so much and could help shingle...

Anonymous said...

P.s. Love, Rosie :-)