Ottertail Country

Ottertail Country
Ottertail South

June 23, 2007

Saturday, June 23rd


I had a decidedly non-productive week. Monday, feeling under the weather, I got to work at 9:00.... felt tired out and wimpy all week, did no work at home. I took a nap each day after work, then watched TV and went to bed.... sheesh....



Thursday evening I napped and then got out of the house at 7:00 and mowed most of the lawn. Finished the lawn on Friday eve and then hauled the overhead doors from the shed to the garage and got ready for a weekend of work.



The first photo shows the entry doors are installed. The second shows the frightful box of parts for the overhead doors, complete with a 20 PAGE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!!!! This one shows the door panels for one overhead door waiting to be installed. Seeing as it takes 7-9 hours (according to the book), I decided to work on the soffits instead.



Inside looking out.... This morning I got onto the roof at 7:30 and worked until 11:00 when the shingles were starting to get soft. Then I put in the entry doors and looked at the overheads, and started to work on the soffits. I got back on the roof at 6:10 and worked until 7:50. This allowed me to get almost 2/3 of the east side done!! I hate shingles, shingle nails, tarpaper, roofing nails, chalklines, etc., etc.....



So I'm hoping to get on the roof tomorrow morning at 6:00 and if I don't get it done by 11:00, I can finish it in late afternoon when the roof cools. I WILL GET IT DONE this weekend!! Then I just have to finish the soffit work, and get the overhead doors intalled, then the party happens......
Ya, hoo!!

Later, Carlo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Gene and Peggy. The bldg. looks wonderful. You both must be tired out.

Lucy

yram said...

looks like i could come and live there. what is the rent????
why is there a wheelchair next to the obnoxious word verification???

Carlo said...

Rent is only $300/mo.

click on the wheelchair and find out..... :-)